Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
1. How many pages are there on the Internet.
2. What part of Internet is indexed by SE?
3. How many new pages comes up every day?
1) One! That's the one you're looking at. That's the one that I sweated over for 2 years to get to the top of the serps. That's the one I pay for advertising on. That's the one that contains auxillary listings for my widgets. One, and just one.
2) The pages that contain my widgets. Some SE's are better than others, but I still manage to scratch out a few indexed pages in most of them.
3) Not enough... I'm a poor old overworked man.. gimme some space. I'm trying to keep those that I already have out there up to date, but I promise to write another one soon.
And, guess what?
There is more to the WWW than is found in Google!
There are a multitude of huge sites i.e. B2B, each millions of pages, happily existing in 'gated communities' safe from bots and the great unwashed browsing public.
There is more to the Internet than the WWW!
There is even more to the Internet than http!
There is even, heaven help us, more to the Internet than IM!
There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkeys typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true.
There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkeys typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't trueanyway if ya did ..some one would just scrape it and slap adsense on it ..and then wonder why their check "didn't get here yet" :(
they'd probably claim "faire use" or that "Will" or the monkeys should 've opted ou via robots txt
[edited by: lawman at 11:44 am (utc) on Feb. 14, 2006]
[edit reason] Links To Press Releases Are Not Considered Authoritative [/edit]