Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 107.22.83.0

Forum Moderators: incrediBILL & lawman

Message Too Old, No Replies

Google Launches Google Content Blocker! ;-)

blocks all content except ads

     
3:26 pm on May 12, 2005 (gmt 0)

Full Member from US 

10+ Year Member

joined:July 29, 2002
posts:306
votes: 0


What is Google Content Blocker?

Google's mission is to organize the world's advertising for maximum exposure to Web users. Unfortunately, annoying Web content often overwhelms the page, causing many users to become distracted and overlook the ads.

That's where Google Content Blocker comes in. It effectively blocks all Web site content, leaving only the advertisements.

[j-walk.com...]

;)

8:03 pm on May 12, 2005 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Feb 13, 2004
posts:77
votes: 0


Greatest tool ever created lol.
8:07 pm on May 12, 2005 (gmt 0)

Senior Member from CA 

WebmasterWorld Senior Member httpwebwitch is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member

joined:Aug 29, 2003
posts:4061
votes: 0


brilliant and hilarious. Made me snarf my V8.

the "FAQ" and "white paper" are great

1:09 pm on May 13, 2005 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

joined:Feb 21, 2003
posts:2355
votes: 0


Dang - my post of this got nuked - should have tried Foo first!
8:05 pm on May 17, 2005 (gmt 0)

New User

10+ Year Member

joined:May 3, 2005
posts:18
votes: 0


ha ha, google; 'don't be evil'.
I emailed the link to the people who created evil google...muhahaha.

P.S They forgot the download page..haha

8:08 pm on May 17, 2005 (gmt 0)

Senior Member from GB 

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

joined:Dec 7, 2003
posts:788
votes: 0


How come they haven't put some adsense ads on it? missed opportunity.
8:09 pm on May 17, 2005 (gmt 0)

New User

10+ Year Member

joined:May 3, 2005
posts:18
votes: 0


If they submitted it to google for review, to add adsense, google would laugh or maybe not.
2:20 am on May 18, 2005 (gmt 0)

Preferred Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Aug 20, 2003
posts:408
votes: 0


Hmmmm,

Good job this idea didn't originate at google. The PHDs there would not have removed all the content - but cleverly introduced a filter to remove only 90% of relevant content and leaving the other 10% of dross in place to "enhance" their ads.