Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
Ideas for her:
- find some nice massage oils and give her a massage yourself in a room with lighted candles and soothing music that the two of you like (be sure to warm the oil and your hands first!)
- cook her favorite dishes or bake her a molten chocolate cake (sticky me for a fairly simple recipe- though good quality chocolate like Valrhona, etc. will cost you)
- flowers that aren't the average red roses/daisies are always good (Costco has great prices on bouquets or grouping that you can combine; under $20!); pair this with your own romantic declarations or poetry under the stars or by a warm fire
- burn her a CD of love ballads or any special music she might like
- create useful coupons for her that she would like (e.g. you handling oil changes for her car, washing/cleaning her car, troubleshooting computer issues, helping her family/friends with some thoughtful errand, etc.)
- create a webpage that's funny/silly/serious about how you met, your history, what's special about her
I could go on and on... but the major thing is it's not about "stuff", it's about your own expressions of thoughtfulness and making that other person feel extraordinarily special (to you). Give her experiences she can't forget and the money (or lack of it) won't be important.
Perhaps someone else here could post on what a guy might like (that can actually be written about on this forum; i.e. lots of sexual favors & silliness come to mind, strip-cribbage being one of them but give me ideas outside of that...)
I posed a similar question awhile back (concerning a birthday for the better half) and received a great response and a bunch of ideas for future birthdays and special occasions.
Perhaps there is something in this thread [webmasterworld.com] that may help you out.