Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
Just thought I'd share some good news. We had a great August (travel site) - and we're in the UPS club for the first time!
The month started slow, and got better - it was touch and go whether we would make it or not towards the end of the month - and I was reduced to checking the stats every few hours! In the end, we made it with a day to spare.
UPS club wasn't even on my list of goals for this year - I thought it was too far away.
I'm really looking forward to seeing that van drive up the drive!
Now, my next task is to see if we can do it again in September! That'll be a tough one, as our traffic declines month on month from now till December (our lowest month of the year).
AdSense has made a big difference to our business! Thanks Google!
joined:May 25, 2005
Did you advertise on TV? All I am interested is to get some valuable tips, and then we can share congratulations.
After all of us being a bit irritated because of all these changes in AW/AS this is the kind of good news that shows us what it's all about! Hope your nickname is a good forecast for you ending up in the "7 figure club".
Why ppl will like to get check by UPS when they can get it by EFT?
$10,000 x 0.73 = 7300EUR
$10,000 x 0.82 = 8200EUR
But the opposite can also happen..
Thanks for all the congratulations - much appreciated.
I thought I'd just answer a few of the questions that have been asked by AdSensers in this thread, and hopefully help some others to climb the AdSense income ladder.
Why don't you tell us how you managed to earn $10,000 for August?
Did you advertise on TV?
I'm afraid I don't have any secrets to share Dantol - most of it is a summary of best practice that you'll find on this forum:
* Create a lot of high quality, unique, original content.
* Ensure your content is search engine friendly, but don't follow SEO fads - you're in this for the long haul
* Leverage the power of technology where possible - we use databases to make our content as useful as possible for site visitors, and to enable us to keep our site (> 10,000 pages) up to date.
* Measure and test everything. The results of your advertising, impact of changes to site design, your AdSense placement, everything.
* Keep reading and learning. Forums, ebooks, print books - both specialist webmaster, and general business. This is an information business - and the person with the most relevant knowledge, applied through hard work, wins. So keep learning.
* When things look impossible (as they did for us a few years ago) - if you have faith in your idea, you just need to keep going regardless. If you have a basically sound idea, persistance, and sheer bloody-minded determination can get you a long way.
TV Ads? No - definitely not. Some of our competitors advertise on TV - and it seems to do them very little good - certainly in terms of driving traffic. I believe there's a HUGE online/offline gap - and offline ads, whether in print or on TV are a poor way to drive traffic online.
When did you start your site? How much did you in earn in your very first month?
We started more than five years ago. And earned absolutely nothing in our first month. (From memory, I think we earned practically nothing in the first 6 months). Of course, that was long before AdSense anyway. There were two of us full-time when we started out, now we have a few more people (mainly part-time). Once the earnings started to come (mainly from affiliate programs), we re-invested them by employing people, and growing the site.
Thanks again for all your kind words: It's especially nice to have inspired people to continue working at their businesses. Web publishing is a fantastic business to be in - a lot of hard work, and all-consuming at times, but fantastic all the same. You can do very well financially, have the freedom to work from home, set your own hours (but lots of them!), and live anywhere in the world you want.
Keep going for it!