Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from

Forum Moderators: incrediBILL & martinibuster

Message Too Old, No Replies

New Adsense policies question

non US business - hosted on US server - tax issue



3:24 am on Oct 17, 2003 (gmt 0)

10+ Year Member


I'm not sure whether I've read this correctly, but according to the new terms that have been supplied by Google; it appears that just because my site is hosted (shared hosting) in the the USA by a USA company, yet I live outside the USA, I now need to get a U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)? Have I read this correctly?



3:59 am on Oct 17, 2003 (gmt 0)

10+ Year Member

I'm not sure what's more hassle, shifting server to UK or whereever.. honolulu.. or getting a US Tax ID. I think the former.

Heres the big question; ( please can some tax person / accountant etc ) please answer?

Which of the following means 'Having a US business presence' ( and if anyone finds the link on the IRS website explaining this please post it )

a) paying for shared hosting ( in the US) for your website
b) paying for a dedicated server ( renting a server )
c) paying for a managed dedicated server ( renting a managed dedicated server )
d) owning a server
e) all of the above :(


10:15 am on Oct 17, 2003 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member heini is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member

See this discussion:

Featured Threads

Hot Threads This Week

Hot Threads This Month