Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
Please list 5 mistakes you made you regret because it decreased your total earnings.
Mine were ::
1.) Some one pointed his dumb site to my site, and I was not aware, so my site lost pr and I guess this is why I lost my CPC.
So far i can only come up with this.
Please list yours 5 mistakes which you fixed to get your high CPC back or wish you could undo those mistakes to increase your earnings.
Making AdSense money grow is not all that difficult, once you have a good formula:
1. Research to find keywords for your topic that get a lot of searches at the major SE's.
2. Write one page of content around each of those keywords. SEO, but only lightly!
3. Get some links so the spiders find you quickly.
4. Add new content regularly (at least one new page per week per site).
5. Rinse, repeat. The more you follow steps 1-4, the higher your AS income will go.
You may hit periods of flat or even negative growth, but the overall trend will always be up and up. Think of every new page of content as a seed you're planting. You plant it once, and it may help feed you and your family for years to come. What a great opportunity! Just do it!
2) Not putting AdLinks on as soon as they came out, cost me a few thou$and
3) replying to this thread instead of working on my site ;)
Well, my only mistake is putting Adsense on my affiliate product review page which affected my aff sales!
Yup, AdSense kills affiliate sales.
The irony is the tradeoff, you probably get $0.05 CPC from a bottom feeder taking the same surfer to his site where he gets the affiliate click for a $20 commission.
Since I make way more on AdSense than affiliates at the moment so I wouldn't put this in the mistake category yet.
:-) Thanks Webmasterworld.com
1. I put on some other forms of advertising to spread out income source, the ctr stayed same but income was no where close, back to just google & one other one.
2. Wasted time waiting to see results, by this I mean I would say to myself, well if it starts making 30 a day I will care, then if it starts making 100 a day I will pay attention, by the time it hit 500 a day i was paying attention but too much time had passed and I started slipping for not keeping active.
3. Answering this post ;)