Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
1) I notice that most adsense are completely off-topic or unrelated anyway. To find this out though I typically would have to read them, I already ignore most advertising anyway, now I am supposed to not only not ignore it but take my time to read advertising? Even if it is doing well today, won't the average consumer get tired of reading advertisements at some point, especially when they are on every website on the internet almost.
2) For awhile now if I find a site that has good information or quality content I pay them back by clicking on their google ads. I don't even look at the page it goes to, but I figure it's like a virtual tip jar. They gave me some decent content and I tip them some change by clicking their google ad. I don't think I am the only one that does this either. Could similiar situations hurt publishers causing them to find alternatives.
3) Do people feel that the more adsense grows so will it's problems until the eventual point of collapse?
4) Didn't the PPC model already rise and fall once before? Does history tend to repeat itself or does everybody feel that it will be different this time?
5) I am not an economist but doesn't the model of supply and demand mean that at some point there will be so many websites with adsense that it will make it unprofitable? When a publisher has 500 websites wanting to run their ads won't they be able to pay less to each ad?
I am not trying to put down adsense, just have concerns. I currently do not use adsense but am trying to decide if it's worth moving all my content around to add adsense to my pages or just stick with regular affiliates. They may not be a quick buck but they seem, at the moment, a safer more permanent solution.
they are getting better and better every month.
CTR is increasing because of this.
I guess it's up to you's on how to get the best ads displayed for your visitors and if there are advertisers in your websites field that are paying for adwords.
few basic tips to remember are to display good keyword enriched content, label titles, meta desc tags, page names, header tags and so forth.
if I wanted to get adsense ads to display a certain topic, I find thats the easy part. The hard part is actually getting the targeted traffic to those pages. Once the visitors are there, the next part is the positioning of the ads, so they click through.
Yes, I am an Adwords advertiser