Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
So, the change of payee name means:
- I'll loose revenue for the period between the closing process and the confirmation of the new application. In my case a couple of hundred $$$.
- I'll have thange all adsense codes on all pages and sites i manage with my account.
- I'll have to rebuild all custom settings like URL filter, Ad Colors, Channels. I can't export /import them from the old to the new account. (Hint, hint, ASA)
Well, thanks for the pain, google!
btw, congrats for your <new> moderator job, tj! I missed your nomination 'cause i've been not very WebmasterWorld busy for a while.
I would also send the close account email at the same time you send your new application - hopefully the time lag on replies would be about the same, so there would be less lost revenue.
I can see why they do it - if someone gets your password to your AdSense account, they could have easily changed the payee information in the account prior to the changes AdSense made to this (in one case, two "business partners" kept swapping the payee information back and forth). And they want to confirm you are who you say you are - and have access to those webpages to add the new publisher ID to them. This would help eliminate potential fraud of someone hacking into your email account and say "hey, I'd like to change Yidaki's payee information to John Doe."
It is there for the protection of you and your earnings, but I do think there should be a better way to make a transition, such as having a one-step process where they would approve the new account and close the old one at the same time. This way, the lost earnings would only be during the time frame it takes the publisher to swap out the old publisher ID with the new one.
I already sent them the cancel email a few hours ago. So you think it might be a good idea to submit a new application now without waiting the cancel confirmation?
... although they said that i should wait until they confirm ...!?
- Sent the quit-account-email yesterday noon 12:30 MET.
- Received the confirmation tonight 03:45 MET.
- Submitted new application + email notification with the quit process ref number this morning 10:25 MET.
- Received the Welcome / accepted email at 11:55 MET.
Accepted 1 hour and 30 minutes after submission!
Wow - the loss in revenue will be very very small, if not zero.
Although the pain for rebuilding the custom settings and changing the ad code still remains, this is superiour support!