Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
I have just done that for over a year. The return of this investment was 0% at start but it has reached over 150% last month. An average of 25% growth in earnings a month has been achieved during this time.
Freeflight2 is partially correct. You're not only to have AdWords/Overture experience but also to master the bidding process. About 50% of my keywords are at the minimum bid but some may reach in dollar term. I just treat Adsense as one of the best products in my affiliates portfolio. Nothing more.
How can you track the conversion?users coming from adwords get adsense code with a specific channel served (you also can see if it works or not by watching the overall earnings/day and comparing to pervious days minus the money you spent on adwords)
The results were a 50% increase in traffic, CTR stayed within 2% of norm, as did CPM. You can guess what the result was on the bottom line.
I think it was said on an earlier post that you spend little on the keywords that are clicked occasionally to get the best rate of return. For me that means generating thousands of phrases using a program. Some are 4 or 5 words and therefore a very cheap in adwords but the return is the same as that of one or two-word high-priced keywords.
Can you clarify a few things:
1) If you have a lot of words in adwords that don't get clicked much how do you deal with the problem of having acct paused by too low a ctr? When I do unpopular words I find my campaigns get paused due to this.
2) When you spoke of the 18,000 pages did you mean entries in adwords or did you mean pages you generate with adsense ads on them?
3)If you make buy a lot of 4 word phrases (on adwords) do they all go to the same landing page you have and do you optimize that page for a 2 word phrase to get better adsense revenue?
Also, do you find that you are getting paid on broadmatch people's ads a lot or do a lot of people instead pay .05 for 3 and 4 word phrases so if they go to your page you are only getting a percentage of .05 as a publisher rather than a percentage of a higher priced 2 word phrase...
Thanks and hope these aren't too many questions....
I have about 50 topics on my website.
Only about 15 of those produce adsense $ per click that is worth making adwords for.
To answer your specific questions:
1) I haven't had a whole campaign disabled. Only individual keywords - those are the ones that are very competitive and my bid is so low that the ad is never displayed - so that keyword phrases will eventually get disabled. But, that same highly competitive phrase with an adjective added to it will come up once in a while and will be displayed even with my low bid.
2) I typically get between 6,000 and 8,000 keyword phrases per subject.. these aren't pages.
3) I have one compaign for each subject (and as many ad groups in the campaign as needed because of the 2000 phrase limit) so the phrases for that subject do go to the same landing page. I optimize the page only for the subject - these pages were written years ago (mostly).
Not sure what you are asking in the last question. But, I pay 5-10 cents on adwords for a hopeful return of x100 to x200 on my adsense clicks. Again, I only do this on my pages that happen to have high-paying ads.
How did you increase the ROI over time?
Actually, ROI is only one of my indicators and the bottom line is the monthly growth which it's hard to maintain. If I concentrate on ROI, I will limit my growth. Thus, I will not.
AdSense is the same as AM. If you're luckily to find one of the keywords which produces a high paid-out, expand on it to the max. Drop the low keyword paid-out. Look for the next one.
how do you deal with the problem of having acct paused by too low a ctr? When I do unpopular words I find my campaigns get paused due to this.
This has been answereed by sailorjwd but I want to add:
A paused or slowed down campain will normaly take place in a new account. A long established account doesn't have these problems on whole campaign but on the individual keyword or phrase only.