Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from

Forum Moderators: incrediBILL & martinibuster

Message Too Old, No Replies

Tax ID: if asked what can i do.



8:23 am on Aug 9, 2003 (gmt 0)

10+ Year Member

i m publisher outside U.S, but due to payment convenience i gave my bro in law's address in U.S.as checks would take weeks to arrive here and weeks to clear.
My payment is more than $$$ discussed here for which beneficiary has to submit tax id.
i would like to know what should i do IF google ask for taxid ,as in this case i wont be able to give one,
also i m unwilling to give my bro in laws taxid as its too personal.
so is there anyway i can avoid this issue and without changing statusquo i.e address.


8:32 am on Aug 9, 2003 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

I think if the check is being sent on your brothers name.. then you will be required to give *his* tax id and he will be required to pay tax on it.



8:37 am on Aug 9, 2003 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member jenstar is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member

From the FAQ:
Yes. If you are approved to participate in Google AdSense and you file taxes in the US, we are required to collect your tax I.D.....If you do not file taxes in the US, you won't need to provide us with any specific tax information.

You should be able to inform them you don't file US taxes when they finally set up for requesting tax IDs. It will probably flag all US mailing addresses as requiring a US tax ID, so you may have to drop them an email at the time and explain the situation.


9:48 am on Aug 9, 2003 (gmt 0)

10+ Year Member

yes but with that i guess they are also saying in case of no tax id social security number would be required.so same prob.

further i had mentioned my company name..so would it come on company name or individual.


6:50 pm on Aug 9, 2003 (gmt 0)

10+ Year Member

i don' think you can assume that they'll want an SSN if you don't have a Tax ID. Both forms of ID are US-centric and from Jenstar's post, I think one can surmise that neither is essential if you can show that you do business abroad and are not a US taxpayer.

Having said that, it may be wise to use the contact form at the adsense site and put the question to them.

Re: payment info, I believe the name listed as the primary contact is who the check gets made out to. I say this because I noticed that if one tries to edit the primary contact info, it asks for "payee name" rather than just "name"


11:23 am on Aug 10, 2003 (gmt 0)

10+ Year Member

Thanks Ahsan.
i think its better i wait if they ask.

By the way what do u think did i violated Google policies this way .


Featured Threads

Hot Threads This Week

Hot Threads This Month