Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
Please share your tips in this thread.
* Better content attracts better targeted ads and hence better CTR.
Board format gives the best CTR for many sites.
* No background color is better than any background color.
* You get better CTR if the page showing AdSense ads has no external links, hence no leakage.
Any More Tips?
What about the colors of the link, text copy? Does one color perform better than other (asuming your content has black text and blue links)?
Without doubt, emphasis on "exit" pages, meaning the last page a person is likely to be looking at in logical progress through my site.
I find the home page on my site to be virtually a wash. Very high traffic, but extremely low CTR. Because of the numbers, ads do make some money, but probably be better selling the spots differently considering PR 7.
PS I feel that providing no other links on the page falls into the realm of tricking users to click ads.:\ Those kind of visitors don't convert for the advertisers, and for Adsense to continue to be a viable tool for them (and therefore profitable for us), we should be worrying about things working out for them, too.
The reverse is true as well. Left handers are right hemisphere dominant and usually have the right eye as the dominant one.
But...left handers are only 10 percent of the population whereas right handers are 90%. Therefore, it makes perfect sense that more people would be more likely to notice skyscrapers placed on the left hand side of the page simply because right handers have the left eye as dominant.
Could have some strong implications for CTR
Are there any tips about this? Or speeding up ad display in general?
Still, the brain theory is quite interesting and fun to think of. Here's a way to find out if your right or left eye dominates:
1. Pick a not too large object about 5 meters away, a door handle foor example.
2. Put your finger in front of your eyes, stretching your arm.
3. Put your finger straight on the door handle with both your eyes opened. This can be a bit difficult,if you focus less, it will be easier to put your finger on the door handle.
4. Close your left eye. If, looking through only your right eye, your finger covers the handle, your right eye is dominant. Now close your right eye. If, looking only through your left eye, your finger covers the handle, then your left eye is the dominant one. If your finger doesn't cover the handle in either way, then you have a dangerous disease called bifocusionalityfus and need to see a doctor soon and cancel your Adsense account asap.
I have the exact opposite experience with my Home Page.
It has a medium number of visitors compared to other pages. It has the highest CTR and by far the highest EPC. Some of the ads that appear on the home page appear on a few other pages - these other pages don't have even 1/2 the EPC compared to home page.
I wonder if Adsense values clicks more from a home page than a subordinate page?