Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
I have added several new pages to my site, each with unique content (plenty enough text and keywords to entice proper targeting by Adsense). The adwords being diaplayed are targeted for the home page. When should I expect MediaBot to come along and spider the new pages and start serving relevant ads? Some of these new pages have been up for about a week already, still without targeting. No PSAs though, just the wrong targeting...
If google already has the page in its index and you make changes to the page to try to improve the targeting, I've heard that it may take 2 or three weeks before the mediabot comes back to check the content. I think this last bit came from someone in this forum who emailed AdSense with the question.
Could someone confirm this last paragraph if it's true - or let us know if I've got it wrong.
I wrote them and got back, "Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are currently working as quickly as we can to address this problem. As
soon as we have more information for you, we will email you again."
I'm not sure if it's an email written to me... seems kind of form-letter like, so maybe it's just a standard reply. Who knows?!
In my message to them, I did ask if there was a way to force the page to be re-spidered, but that didn't get answered.
I suppose one could just put the page up again at a diff URL and that would make the bot come round again, but it seems that it's off on all of the new pages, so I'm not sure if that would work right now (it has in the past).
however, it has now not been updated for like.. 4-5 days.. my CTR is down to ridiculously low levels... to the point of almost zero... i'm mildly annoyed since I've got literally thousands of PSA impressions and almost no real ad impressions lately... but I am trying to be patient, heh...
I think the last time my site got new targeted ads was something like July 30th or so... maybe even the 29th
Others have been reporting much lower CTRs since the 1st of the month.
I emailed Google over the weekend about this as all our new pages since around midday 30 July (Thailand time) have not had targetted ads where they should.
please let us know if you will get something from Google about this very nasty problem!
I am advertising PSA's! Have not heard yet from Google but hope to do so by tomorrow Thailand time.
it is really getting annoying - after so many hours (close to 12) still I have no targeted AdSense ads on my totaly new web site with new domain!
GOOGLE, please do something! I am a very sad Polish guy...
I was having the same problem stated on this thread -- new pages showing ads not specifically related to the page, but with the addition of "?a=1" to the end of the links leading to the page, I've now got targeted ads on these pages.
For example you were not having a problem with PSA's showing but just that the ads were not as targetted as you wanted.
This problem for me at least only affects pages that were added after July 30 around midday Thailand time. These new pages are only showing PSA's whereas the hundreds or thousands of other 'AdSense' pages which had the code added prior to midday 30 July are all showing targetted ads.
As someone else in this thread confirmed as well that s/he saw the same problem as this also on the same day would indicate a larger problem.
As the section's subject matter expanded to cover six topics, AdSense continued offering ads targeted to the individual pages.
However, in the last 5-7 days, all newly created pages started to carry ads relating to just the initial two topics, often having nothing to do with the topic on the page.
I think the difference (as opposed to Polish Guy's new site) is that our site had been spidered initially, so when new pages aren't looked at by mediabot, the ads just default to what AdSense believes the section (or site) to be about. Therefore, we don't get PSA ads, but completely mistargeted ads.
The problem, I believe, is still the same -- mediabot isn't looking at (some) pages with the same speed as we all had seen initially.
As to Visit Thailand's issue on getting PSAs on new pages at a site that's been serving paid ads prior to Jun 30, I'm not really sure I have an idea about what's going on!
I did write to Google a few days back (pg1 post of this thread) and got a standard, "we're aware and are trying to fix" response.
I usually add between 3 and 5 new articles to my news site per day. But I was away between July 27 and August 2 and since I got back not a single new article has been targeted by Google. However, I have the feeling that older pages gets new, targeted ads. Also, index pages where new pages are listed gets ads targeted for the new articles headlines and caption text.
I have also seen a dip in the Mediabot visits. Especially around July 31/August 1, but it still comes round.
I just published a new article on my site, and it only took a couple of minutes before the charity ads where gone. Older articles (published after August 1) also shows something that seems more targeted than charity (if not perfect matches).
Now, all I hope is that this will start showing in the CTR rates and click results as well. They have been miserable for the last week.