Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from

Forum Moderators: incrediBILL & martinibuster

Message Too Old, No Replies

Paying UK tax on AdSense income



3:08 pm on May 28, 2004 (gmt 0)

10+ Year Member


AdSense is a lucrative sideline to my main job and the cash flow is on the increase. Does anyone have any advice or links on how to go about declaring Adsense income to the tax man?



8:42 pm on May 28, 2004 (gmt 0)

10+ Year Member

Well... I'm UK-based but unfortunately as only an accountancy student (not yet qualified) - I'm not allowed to offer advice. I do suggest however that you look at the Inland Revenue's website (specifically the Self Assessment bit) and get in touch with them. Alternatively hire the services of a qualified accountant - there should be plenty in the Yellow Pages locally.... there are a number of regulations regarding self-employment, income, declaring income, national insurance, allowances (personal, disability etc) that you are probably totally unaware of, oh and if you are already employed that just makes it a little more complicated!


7:54 am on May 29, 2004 (gmt 0)

10+ Year Member

There is a thread here somewhere , (search for it ),about tax and adsense (UK).
Basically it is like any other business income and as such taxable and must be reported to your tax authorities. No big deal,just keep records of all your income and expenses and approach Inland Revenue for further help to clarify your particular situation ,they will help you and advice you whether you need to be registered as self employed etc...
Check out the website .


8:19 am on May 29, 2004 (gmt 0)

10+ Year Member

You can file your taxes online too these days. :)

Featured Threads

Hot Threads This Week

Hot Threads This Month