Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
I have numerous sites and hundreds of pages and only this one shows PSA's. I have tried every thing mentioned in this forum without success.
If it is only content that determines the ad type, I should be totally fine. What is left to try? Writing Google?
You can drop a line to Google at any time and ask for help. But if it is a stop word issue, you'll have to figure out what is triggering it and change it, since Google will not override that filter on an individual basis.
Your clairity is much appreciated. After following your advice it seems to be a stop word problem. The page is an industrial product or service, and I can certainly not imagine what word(s) could possibly cause the problem.
I will dismantle the page and repost paragraph by paragraph to isolate the offender.
Themed ads are usually the ads that emcompass the overall theme ads of your site. ie. if your site was about hockey, you'd see general hockey ads; if your site was about cars, you'd see car related ads, even if they arent specifically related to the content on a particular page on the site.
I copied the 'good' file as the index page, its been 4 hours and mediabot won't visit. I tried changing the ad sizes more than once to no avail.
I guess the only thing left is the particular url has been blocked?
Here is how that works practically speaking:
Take your index page, copy it into two files. In the first file, remove the half the content, in the other file, remove the other half of the content. See which one is showing PSAs (if both, either you are having a different problem or both halves of the page have stop words in them). Now, for each of those files, keep chopping them into two half files. Discard files which are showing targetted ads, keep chopping files which are until you've figured out what is causing the PSA.
I am able to past anything at all as the index page and always the same PSA's. - no matter the content. I even tried it with a blank page, and a 'good' internal page as the index, same result.
The problem seems to be that Mediabot won't visit the index page. I have been watching it closely for a few days and the bot really has only picked up the robots.txt, contact form and one other page.
Things might be different if it would scan the index page. I will wait for that to happen.
Yeah I'm still in the same boat as you, I did the copy of index.htm to a test file trick and reviewed the page throughout the day, 80% of the time proper ads showed without making any content changes. I raised a support call with ggl and have had a couple of replies, along the lines of '..our engineers are looking into this problem...working as quickly as we can to address this problem...appreciate your patience, and apologize for any inconvenience this has
caused you..' so my fingers are crossed. I also suspect that a return visit of the mediabot will help get things back to normal, as I've been seeing PSAs for many days now too, but I'm not sure when/if it'll happen. For now I've loaded up an alternate 160x600 graphic, rather than leaving the PSAs on there :-/
AdSense Support emailed stating that the site should now be displaying relevant ads. It is!
They also offered help if there are any other problems. Excellent service by my way of thinking.
Thanks to all that contributed in this discussion.
Finally I removed the entire phrase ('You may be entitled to monetary compensation') and the test page showed relevant ads in just under a 1/2 hour.
I changed the home page extension from .htm to .html, then .shtml ...all of these extensions show relevant ads when accessed directly but when I type in the main website address (mydomain.com) It shows only PSA's.
I guess I need to email Google support.