Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
Forum Moderators: martinibuster
all the ads show up on my home page though. i just got 700 hits and only one click. any thoughts on what's going on?
What appears to be new is link units failing to appear. I have pages, otherwise very profitable pages, where the link units are failing to show, while content ads--later in the HTML code sequence--are showing.
That is, the first ad on the page--the link unit--is failing to display, while subsequent content ads are showing.
It is all the more mysterious because there is plenty of content on these pages. Link units on these pages displayed unfailingly a month or two ago before the recently announced link unit "improvements". And fully complemented link units were and still are showing consistently on similar pages covering nearly the same topic.
These now-you-see-it-now-you-don't link units are exceedingly annoying.
I have 2 ad units on my page and 1 link unit that have been working as expected for months.
Now only the 1st ad unit is now showing ads.
2 things that I did a bit before midnight on Thursday night (just before this started happening) was to upgrade my adwords and adsense account into a Google Account. I also implemented Google Analytics across the whole site.
It seemed like a bit of a coincidence that as soon as I made these 2 changes this problem occured.
I earn 4 figures per day with Adsense, so you can only imagine the kind of drop in $$$ that this has had.
On Friday, I removed all of the google analytics code from the site which didn't fix it...
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
On my most lucrative page, link units were earning 50% of revenue for that page during the month of November.
Link units on that page essentially disappeared (with just an occasional reappearance) from early December until just a few days ago.
Link units have begun reappearing with regularity on that page recently--great!--but they are still nowhere to be seen on the other of the two highest-earning pages.
The site has hundreds of high quality content pages. It used to earn $yyy per day but has become a $yy per day site, despite traffic continuing to increase.
The situation appears to be that Adsense has added a filter to my domain preventing more than one ad appearing on a page.
I believe the issue may be related to site targeting/CPM ads. Adsense is trying to force advertisers to bid more to get their ads on my pages. So far (a couple of months now) this isn't working and my earnings from the site are suffering.
Unfortunately, the Adsense team seems to be unwilling to listen to my requests to allow link-units to show and won't allow any more than one ad unit per page.
For the first time ever, I am beginning to remove adsense from some pages and I am instead experimenting with affiliate links.
I am very disappointed with Adsense with regard to the situation. It has reached the stage where I feel further communication with them is pointless :-(
to fix this, I've reworked the page removing the stop words, which helped somewhat, but usually, once AdSense see those words, your page is DONE, with time, you won't see even ONE ad.
i too have two popular entry pages which have either one ad or NO ads on them.
You are referring to a different issue.
My site used to show 2 or 3 ads on every page. There are no stop words and no shortage of ads. On a single day all pages were reduced to showing just one ad unit and no link units.
To prove it is a site filtering issue, I have built pages on another domain that precisely duplicate the content of the "filtered site". These pages receive the normal full quota of ads and link units.
Adsense appears to be filtering certain sites to display just one ad. For the affected site I own, this has had a negative effect on income. The Adsense team seems to be unwilling to restore my site to "normal" ad behaviour. I have no idea why.
You can do this test, place your page on another domain, but don't delete right away but wait a week or two. if the 3 ads stay permanently, then it's google issue. if the ads go down to one after that time, it's your content. here's the deal, if you take your page and rename it, the ads appear based on just a few factors, but they'll stay based on AdSense bot spidering (this is experience talking).