Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
Right now I have edited my HOSTS file to send traffic to pagead2.googlesyndication.com to a internal IP but the probelm is I can not view ads now.
Any other solutions to this?
1 - In FireFox, I added my initials to the User-Agent string.
2 - I've got a PHP script that checks for my initials in the UA and outputs the Google ads if it's not found. If it is found, it outputs something like 'ads not shown for you'.
And, what I used to do...
Same idea, but checked my ip address first instead of the UA.
I'm not too worried about clicking on my own ads, it's more so the impressions don't show up in my stats when I'm working on the sites.
1. If your goal is to work on the layout of your site while seeing the same kind of ad block anyone else would see, you can use PHP or whatever to serve up default ads to your specific IP that mimic the appearance of typical ads on your site.
2. If it's enough to be able to switch between viewing modes easily, you can do so by creating (for example) a hosts2 file, that contains the AdSense server, and a hosts3 file, that doesn't, in the same directory as the hosts file. Then create 2 simple .BAT files like this...
copy /Y hosts2 hosts
copy /Y hosts3 hosts
1. Tools/Internet Options/Security/Restricted Sites/Sites 2. Add the following site to the list
3. Close all browser windows and then re-open Internet Explorer.
4. It should allow you to see ads but not click on them....
It worked for me