Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
first post here. I'm guilty of doing that so i apologise if it was me. even if it wasn't you that got it, then sorry to whoever else may have been stopped thanks to me. saturday was the first day my ads ran but i think it may have started friday before i checked. i was all gung-ho adwords and just signed up and didn't know that mattered. i was just making up names as i went along and putting in the url, not doing it intentionally towards another site. i was given a warning and have now changed them all. learning the hard way sometimes - i should read all the rules first but...
if it makes you feel any better, i blew 100 bucks in the last 2 days by just loading up 1000 worthless keywords with high costs and hit go. i've now deleted all previous campaigns and am starting from scratch with 1 low-key keyword at a time.
basically, there's 2 reasons for this post. 1's to give a reason why myself and others have done this (not reading guidelines) and 2's that hopefully some other newbie like me will read this and know what not to do.
anyway guys, hopefully the next post is a little more positive.
He doesn't have a similar url as mine at all, but decided to use my url as his display url. Effectively keeping my ads from showing up for the weekend, until it could be reviewed by a rep.
You want to see some good examples, search for "test".
I have done this occasionally, due to the poor UI. I will create an ad that says something like "Just a filler, don't bother to review" and then immediately pause the campaign. Sometimes the order in which Google forces you to do things isn't the order in which you want to do things.
(A good example is moving ads from one adgroup to a new one. First you have to create the new adgroup. Then Google FORCES you to create an ad. Now you move your ad to the new adgroup, then delete your dummy ad.)