Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
We have just set up a Google Adword campaign in a very competitive area. We are getting some weird results when testing our keyword combinations, for example:
1. Main Targetted keyword + Main Targetted keyword + Untargetted word or town, city etc. our Google ads appear all the time. plus our competitors.
2. If we type our 2 targetted keywords plus any combination of letters and numbers our ad still appears. So do our competitors.
Here is a sample of our weird results
3. If we put in 2 different targetted keywords plus various different combinations of letters and numbers our competitors ads appear 99% of the time but we don't! WHY?
4. An example of one of our weird results is:
Targetted keyword + Targetted Keyword plus ddddddddddddddddddddddddddd we appear and our competitiors also appear!
4a BUT doing the same above but with only ddddd (i.e only 5 d's) no sponsored ads appear (However natural/organic results do)
5. if we use one of our main targetted keywords we are top of the sponsored adword list HOWEVER if you add any combination of letters and numbers after our main targetted keyword or keywords our Google ad disappears but our main competitors ads are always still there!
How have they done this? Have they thousands and thousands of keywords to account for every possible search or is their a special algorithm that you use? Would I be able to change our Google Adwords Campaign which would rival our competitors on misspellings and obscure user searches.
Thanks in advance for those that take the time to read this question and reply.
I found Googles help centre useful but it still does not give me a stisfactory answer to my original question
or "How do I manage the number of keywords in my account"
If there are thousands of keyphrases, you need to monitor this on a daily basis as it could work out expensive, or employee a PPC account manger.
There is software to manage your campaign, but not allowed to name any on this forum im afraid.
Just search for PPC management software in google.
Depending on how much your spend is will depend if the software is worth it?