Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 54.159.165.175

Forum Moderators: buckworks & eWhisper & skibum

Tip to revive inactive keywords

   
4:38 pm on Aug 18, 2005 (gmt 0)

10+ Year Member



Use the find and change keyword tool to find all keywords on your account that have the inactive status. Bulk change the max bid price to a dummy amount, say 99 cents. Then do another search to find all 99 cent keywords and change them back to whatever price you had previously. This should now refresh all your keywords so that Google gives them another try.

Works for me, let me know if you have any success.

4:52 pm on Aug 18, 2005 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member



The system seems so new that work-a-rounds might only last a few days before the keywords are deactivated again.
5:37 pm on Aug 18, 2005 (gmt 0)

10+ Year Member



It didn't work for me.
6:29 pm on Aug 18, 2005 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member



I deleted all inactive keywords and then re-added them and about 80% came back to active. Alot of 20 and 30 centers went down to a nickle.
7:11 pm on Aug 18, 2005 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member



I tested on a much smaller scale than you did sailorjwd and all of my inactive keywords remained inactive and prices remained the same to activate. Even varying the phrases resulted in an inactive. What’s good and bad is the system is apparently exploitable for some.

The guinea pigs though lay in these forums and I feel assured Google is watching. Almost certainly they would seal off anything that would hurt their revenues.

8:18 am on Aug 19, 2005 (gmt 0)

10+ Year Member



Although it may show as Inactive in the GUI, try running some Google searches to see what the true status is of the keyword. Best way to test this is with Exact match. Does this work for anyone?
10:17 am on Aug 19, 2005 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member



I got an email from G support about inactive keywords showing/not showing in the search results. My complaint was that they were showing and that the CPC was way above the max cpc I set for the ad group.

Anyway, support said that positively inactive keywords would not show...

Revive subject:
This morning I looked at a particular ad group and # of inactive words went from about 25 to 200 overnight.

I deleted the 200 and readded them and the inactive count went down to 21.

Support also said there are absolutely no bugs in the new system. teehee.

 

Featured Threads

My Threads

Hot Threads This Week

Hot Threads This Month