Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
Here is what happened to one of my adgroups.
I have an adwords account that has about 1300 keywords.
I first filtered for all inactive keywords. I had about 40 inactive keywords in my adgroup. My max CPC was set at $0.05. To activate these 40 keywords, I had to increase the bid from anywhere from $0.10-$0.30.
I then lowered the Adgroup Max CPC bid from $0.05 to $0.01 for the entire adword group and all remaining keywords became inactive. So no 1 penny keywords in this group.
I filtered on the inactive and put a price in for $0.02 and about 300 keywords became active. (I used the down arrow to auto fill all bid rates at $0.02 - only those keywords that had a min. bid of $0.02 became active).
I filtered again on the inactive and now bid at $0.03 and another 300-400 became active.
I did the same at $0.04 and around another 300 became active.
I did the same at $0.05 and the rest became active.
So I was able to lower around 900 keywords below the $0.05. This is good news.
I also added a new keyword and I was able to add it at $0.05 - this is also good - I was afaid that the minimum bid would now be at $0.10.
What will be interesting to watch is will my average CPC for the day be higher or lower now.
Suggestion for Google - It is painful to do all these adjustments manually. Could you create a button that would allow us to set all keywords in an adgroup to its respective minimum bid automatically, whether it be 20 cents or 2 cents?
What has been the results of these changes for your account?
Today 54,199 of my keywords are inactive. Most require a 10 cent bid. But many require $1 even $10.
Needless to say with my current profit margin i can't really increase the bids that high.
But I also have keywords that have had 4 impressions and a 25% CTR and google wants me to pay $5 a click now.
I was also just looking through one of my newer campaigns and I notices that my keywords with 0 clikcs and under 50 impressions are inactive and required a big >50 cents
Itís rather early to tell yet but I seem to be getting a much better position on the page than I was pre-change. This is good news, as impressions are up and clicks are steaming in at the usual pace.
However, Iíve noticed that my CTR is going crazy.
This morning I had a CTR of 16.6% for one of our less popular terms, which is a vast jump from the 2.9% it was at yesterday. Good news. However, it only managed to hold that CTR for about an hour (by hold, I mean it didnít change at all) then suddenly it went sailing back down to 2.2%Ö that is until I check it ten minutes later and get 2.3%, then 2.4%, and then some other figure around that mark every time I look. Adwords suddenly canít seem to decide upon a CTR, which while not being a huge difference in numbers it is somewhat annoying.
Hopefully things will start to steady out as people adapt to the new system.