Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
Forum Moderators: mademetop
You have to add their icon to your site and I'm just wondering if putting some "Top Site" icons on my home page will hurt my ranking? I wasn't sure because I guess you are linking to a page that may or may not have a good PR.
Thanks for any info :)
These systems work on a voting system. You place the banner on your site, if someone clicks it, your site gets a point. The site with the most points wins!
If you notice the links, they go through a out.cgi, the site that uses it gets zero pagerank from these links.
I recommend using it.
1. for every toplist you join you're required to add more crap to your site
2. 'targeted leads' is a strong statement. most toplists do not attract quality traffic themselves. many toplists advertise their site through popup traffic
3. toplists are designed to benefit their maker. most of the time, you'll end up sending them more traffic then they send back to you
4. they're bad way of building backlinks because they have too many outbound links on each page (and your listing is not permanent)
5. their code just looks unprofessional
there are better/more effective ways of building traffic for your site.