Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
Forum Moderators: mademetop
1. They state they use doorway pages and mirrored domains, and have for 6 years, to submit to Yahoo and everyone else and that they've never had a domain booted for this practice. I thought this was frowned upon, especially by Google?
2. The sales person actually told me that if I would send her some of my products gratis that she could offer me a better price break on my services. Is this ethical? I mean is this how SEO companies usually run their business?
joined:Mar 8, 2002
joined:May 2, 2015
As we've seen time and again in these forums, Google does an update, and people disappear.
When people make guarantees like this, they often do the following things:
- use nasty tactics on big engines
- get rankings on small engines that aren't that competitive
- optimize for obscure keywords that have essentially no competition
If you decide you want to use them... ride the guarantee... make them give you money back if they fail to deliver, make them give you money back if you get penalized, allow no obscure keywords, etc...
My guess is they'll back off the guarantee if you start requiring these things.
Thanks for the replies. I was not even considering using this, or any company for that matter. We've been doing our own work since 1996 and while I'm no expert I know that what they're promising is short lived at best. I sometimes like to let them rant on about how awful other companies are and what makes them so much better. I was especially disturbed this time though on the request for free product. That's a bit over the top don't you think?
I dont know if its over the top all the time. I have had clients pay me in cash and product. If its a product I can use I may even propose to the client that I will take part of my fee in product. Then again I work for myself and I can do that. Most "companies" do not work that way.
I generally do not gurantee placement, however, I explain to the client that if the search term is not competitve there is a good chance they will break the top ten.
The terms we were discussing were very high profile. I can hardly believe they guarantee top placement, "first page results" for what we were talking about.