Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 107.21.163.40

Forum Moderators: ocean10000

Message Too Old, No Replies

Dynamic link problem

HELP! thanx...

     
7:56 am on Apr 6, 2004 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Oct 9, 2003
posts:96
votes: 0


Hey Guys,

I Have a problem,

Ik have an access database with a table and in this table a field witch contains an URL.

When i query the database for the URL and just show it on the page as text without making it clickable (i mean, without the href) it show the URL perfect just as it is.

I do this all in Dreamweaver MX with no handcoding, just DWMX...

When i try to make the link clickable by plcing the URL variable in the HREF and i view the page trough my localhost the entire link text just disappears... very weird... Does anybody know why this happens and how i can slove it?

Thanx

1:59 pm on Apr 6, 2004 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

joined:Apr 12, 2002
posts:857
votes: 0


May sound stupid, but, do you have any CSS setting the link to white, and are you attempting to view the link on a white background?

Do you see the URL written in the source code, something like this?:
<a href="URL">URL</a>

2:13 pm on Apr 6, 2004 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Oct 9, 2003
posts:96
votes: 0


Haha no,

The entire code just disapears... Very weird... You cant click or select anything...

C

2:17 pm on Apr 6, 2004 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

joined:Feb 22, 2003
posts:1483
votes: 0


Is the "Data Type" for the column in the DB "Hyperlink" or "Text"?
7:25 pm on Apr 6, 2004 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Oct 9, 2003
posts:96
votes: 0


It is text. Should it be hyperlink?
8:58 pm on Apr 6, 2004 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

joined:Feb 22, 2003
posts:1483
votes: 0


It still sounds like a CSS problem or something. You might try starting from a brand new page, create your recordset, drop the field in, link it, and don't do a repeat region or change the font or apply a stylesheet to the page. Try it on a remote server too.
12:16 pm on Apr 7, 2004 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Oct 9, 2003
posts:96
votes: 0


He Guys,

Found the problem!

I set the criteria Memo and it didn't work. I set the criteria to Hyperlink and it didn't work. But when i set the critera to Text it worked link a charm!

Thanx fot the help anyway

C.

12:50 pm on Apr 7, 2004 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

joined:Feb 22, 2003
posts:1483
votes: 0


It is text.

It must not have been set to Text initially as you stated. That happened to me a while back. Spent days thinking the server was whacked. Of course the last thing I checked was the Data Type--whoops.

11:42 am on Apr 8, 2004 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Oct 9, 2003
posts:96
votes: 0


Sorry, i meant it was set to MEMO initially...