Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199
Forum Moderators: open
"An error occurred - Cannot put filename.htm The operation completed successfully."
I believe this to be a compatibility issue with DWMX and IIS.
Here's what I did to fix the problem:
1. Browse to the remote directory via Windows Explorer
2. Right click on the directory
3. Select 'Properties' (may appear different in Win 98/ME/NT - I am using Win2kPro)
4. Click on the 'Security' tab
5. Click 'Advanced' button
6. Click on the 'Permissions' tab
7. Click 'Add...' button
8. Select your personal profile (NOT GROUP OR ADMIN PROFILE) from the list of users (If you aren't on this list make sure your administrator adds you specifically)
9. Click 'OK'
10. A Permission entry box pops up...
11. Make sure all boxes under the column marked 'Allow' are checked
12. Make sure that the box next to 'Apply these permissions to objects and/or containers within this container only' is NOT checked.
13. then Click 'OK' again (wait a bit it takes a few moments for the permissions to be applied)
14. Click 'OK'
Restart DWMX. Try putting your file again and voilé!
*****This is what worked for me. Do this at your own risk. You may not have sufficient permissions to complete this task, so check with your administrator before you go changing permissions on the server or have them do this for you.*****
[edited by: brotherhood_of_LAN at 12:20 pm (utc) on Jan. 29, 2003]
[edit reason] no sigs [/edit]
joined:Jan 30, 2002
I'm not an owner of DW or IIS though each has their own quirks. Cheers for posting about the one youve encountered, Ive spent many an hour trying to figure out what was going wrong only to find the program wasnt doing what it's 'supposed to do'.
Add DisableMemoryCache as a REG_DWORD value with data of 1