Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from

Forum Moderators: LifeinAsia & httpwebwitch

Message Too Old, No Replies

Should I Pay Taxes to the USA or to My Country?

Recently created LLC company

8:22 pm on Dec 2, 2005 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

I just formed an LLC that will operate from Jan 1, 2006, in Texas.

I've just hang the phone with a USA CPA, and after describing the way I operate my business (publishing web sites, earnings from publicity, expenses on hosting and publicity as well) he said that it seems that since I live and do everything from Mexico, I should not pay taxes in the USA! geez!, but I can't and don't want to pay taxes here because my expenses bills does not comply with the mexican tax law (they require a very special type of bill with a mini photocopy of the TaxID certificate on a side or corner of the bill in order to a expense to be deductable).

He will go and ask someone else in their office and call me back.

In the meantime, what do you think?

9:26 pm on Dec 2, 2005 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

And for all those foreign companies incorporating in the USA for online ventures, do you pay taxes in your country? or in the USA?
9:40 pm on Dec 2, 2005 (gmt 0)

10+ Year Member

well i am austrian citizen and i have a company (similar set up to yours, but with three partners (2 USA and me) in the USA, and i was told that i do have to pay tax (first you need to get an ITIN {Individual Taxpayer Identification Number}) and without registering and paying my monthly tax share i wont get my money out of the USA, well thats what i did, and it works nicely, i pay my tax from the income in the USA dont get taxed on that income in austria and i do get a nice tax return every year from the US Treasury...

p.s. i never been in the USA, everything was done online or via mail, however i am only 33% shareholder and all the paperwork did my partner in the USA...


10:39 pm on Dec 2, 2005 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Viggen :

Thanks a lot for your comments.
Just a question, how did you get the ITIN?
I've heard that they don't give the ITIN that easy as the previously did. Which form did you filed and when?

6:53 pm on Dec 3, 2005 (gmt 0)

10+ Year Member

first check if you need to register for ITIN

if so, here is the form you need to aplly for ITIN, fill it out and send it to the IRS in Philadelphia (adress is in the form)


9:28 pm on Dec 5, 2005 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Viggen, thanks for sharing that.

Anyone else has an experience on "international" taxes issues?

7:05 pm on Dec 6, 2005 (gmt 0)

10+ Year Member

Hi fisherman,
Last time that you asked the same, I didnt answer you because you start acting very "mamon" in your forum replys, implying that I was lying in my forums.

Here is what you have to do:
1) Go to your nearest office of the irs.
2) Get the ITIN (Internation taxpayer id number).
a)I think you need three ids to get this. The amercian passport and the mexican passport I think are accepted. You are going to need another one, try to go to the MVD (Motor Vehicle division) and get an ID or a driver license, o register in any college o university where you can get a valid id.
b) I think you can't get it applying throug internet.
c) To get the number you have to wait a couple of months.
3) The conclusion is: Once you have the ITIN number you can do whaterver you want with it, Register as a corporation, sole propietor, send income tax, pay taxes throug EFTPS, get the EIN, etc. And you can do all of this throug internet, without having to go to a usa irs office.
4) If you dont have a usa bank account, try to get one, this is going to help you a lot,, you only need your amercian passport and $100 deposit to do this.

8:32 pm on Dec 6, 2005 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Aren't you the owner of that cool mexican domain related to government and didn't even we had a chat!?
Well, I don't remember how, or what could have offended you, but whatever it was, I'm very sorry.
8:38 pm on Dec 6, 2005 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Ok, so, thanks for your step by step points.
The thing is, I already have the company, ready to start.
I did this without having the ITIN, the company has its own EIN.
The problem I found now, is that the CPA says, my company is really "mexican" and should not pay taxes in the USA, but in Mexico.
And the problem in Mexico, you know, is that we don't have tax deductable bills (facturas con requisitos fiscales) for those expenses in hosting, adwords, overture, etc.

Featured Threads

Hot Threads This Week

Hot Threads This Month