Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
So, I thought I better redirect http to [www....]
Here's the catch, I have an entirely html site on a windows server. My isp directed me on how to make an index.asp page that would redirect to www.mysite.com/index.html...
Unfortunately, I dont think this does the job, because it doesnt redirect other pages, like mysite.com/folder/1.html
Does anybody have a good way to redirect ALL pages to the www version of the site with a windows server? Or should I find an ISP that can host my site in linux?
Here's a step-by-step:
"non-www" to "with-www"
Permanent 301 redirect in IIS
1. After the www.example.com website is set up, now set up
example.com (without the www) as a website in Internet
2. Select the example.com web site in Internet Services
manager and enter the properties.
3. In the Home Directory tab, change the option button "When
connecting to this resource the content should come from" to
"A redirection to a URL".
4. Specify the URL as http://www.example.com
5. Check the checkbox that says "A permanent redirection for
this resource." WARNING: If you skip this last step, you will
have a 302 redirect which is definitely NOT what you want.
Always verify your http headers after any changes like this, just
to be sure,