Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
What I'm wondering is should I keep waiting to see if something changes or just move the site over to a new domain and start again?
I would have done this already except I dread sitting in the sandbox for a year. But then, I may be in the equivalent anyway because of this penalization. Any thoughts?
Open a new domain put 6 or 10 pages of new content get one or two good links to it. Maybe one from your current home page or maybe buy one or two links if necessary. Let it sit and take a hard look at your site, mine was probably hit by too much internal linking, or www.domain.com verses domain.com issues it looks like it may be comming back. But I at least have a backup domain name with some history and PR.
however, it is still cached in google. does this mean we have been banned or have been penalized (obviously)
Our website gets major traffic, and sales are still very high - however no sign in google. Should we mirror the site on another domain and begin seo from scratch?
I was careful when I put the new site up, to avoid mistakes I had made with the first site, and also to avoid copying and pasting so I would not end up with another dupe penalty. I also used a different shopping cart so the structure of the site is different.
Seems to be working so far, and was certainly better than sitting around feeling miserable!