Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
i mean please if any one can help me to know what all problem i have to face when i move the server....and if possible please provide some solutions to me so that i donot loose my job..
I hope u guys better understand my situation...
1. Keep the old server running.
2. Copy ALL content onto the new server. Test that it works. Retest. You may need to use the DNS codes, as web address won't be working yet for new server. That is, test at 123.123.456.456/index.html (the example NEW server DNS) as www.widgets.com/index.html is still pointed at the old server.
3. Keep the old server running.
4. Tell your domain name registrar to change the sites DNS codes from OLD to NEW. (pointed to the new server)
5. Keep the old server running.
6. Test that the new server is working well. Over the next 1-3 days visitors will be directed to the new server, but some will still be sent to the old server. We want Googlebot to get the content one place OR the other, so:
7. Keep the old server running.
8. After a week, if all works well on the new server, and you've confirmed that when you type in your www address it resolves to the new server for certain, then you can let the old server die.
Why did we keep both servers running for a while:
A) For several days, certain visitors could be sent to either server, so this makes sure they see your site.
B) Sometimes there is an unexpected disaster at the new server. Now you can just change the DNS back to the old, and it will work.
If anyone can tell me how to get Zone File Data from the www.totalregistrations.com registrar.
Please i had already talk with the old hosting company and they said that as the total control is with REgistrar,so only place we can get the zone file is them only.
Please help me out
You just need to point the domain to the new nameservers for the new host, once the site is uploaded and tested.
Your new host will give you the nameservers address and you just change this via your account with the domain registrar
"User friendly domain management facilities"
Or failing that ask them to do it. (DNS = "Domain Name Server")
[edited by: tantalus at 11:16 am (utc) on July 11, 2005]
So please if you know where can i found this information. will it be handle by the control panel at registrar's site or control panel of hosting company.
As Hosting company had already told me to talk with the registrar for this Zone File things.
So please if you can confirm me that this information can be changed from the Registrar then i will insist the registrar to provide handle for this things