Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
Just want an experienced opinion. A clean content site (although with many domains pointing to it). All of a sudden disappears. We were a top-3 in our niche, on page 1 in SERPs for main keyword (17 million results). Solid backlinks, top site in a Google directory for the niche...all the good stuff.
1) our main domain is not in Google directory
2) Google traffic dropped 95% (believe me, it hurts financially)
3) search "site:ourdomain.com" returns only our urls.
4) I cleaned up "allinurl:ourdomain.com" a little, there weren't that many links there in the first place
5) search for "ourdomain.com" does not display our main page - at least I was unable to find one.
6) our site disappeared from a SERPs for our main keyword
7) wearch for "www.ourdomain.com" returns NOTHING
I was running around yesterday trying to find out if it is a 302-highjack. Sent numerous emails to Google. The only response I've got was "canned". Sending info to "302" email, I've got this:
"Thank you for writing to Google. We'd like to assist you, but we only respond to messages submitted through our online contact form. Please visit [google.com...] to submit your message, and we'll get back to you soon. We apologize for any inconvenience, and we look forward to hearing from you.
The Google Team"
When you email support you get this:
"Thank you for your note. This is an automated reply to your inquiry about your site's inclusion in the Google search results.
When webmasters write to us that their site has fallen out of our search results, we often find that it's still included. To quickly determine whether your site is currently included in our index, perform a Google search for its entire URL. For example, a search for [ www.google.com ] returns the following result:
[google.com...] If your site returns as a result, it's included.
1. What I suspect it is: either one of our other URLs that we own caused a duplicate content penalty (how do I test that?)
2. 3 weeks ago we've moved to a larger server. Yesterday I ran a check, and our IP block shows up in a spammer database. Could that trigger action from Google?
Generally, how do I determine the cause of site drop?