Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
Once the site was finished, i removed the robots.txt file and tried manually submitting my site to google. After some months, i still wasn't listed in google. Since then i had sent them 2 emails inquiring if my site had been permanently blocked because i had requested it removed.
Is that how it works? If i remove my site from google, is there any chance of getting back in? If i had of known it would be this difficult, i would have just left in there in the first place.
As a side note, i recently started using google adsense on my site (within the past week) and googlebot has been all over my server. Will this get my site indexed, or is that just to target ads?
I have been in touch with Google who have replied claiming that the pages are excluded from their index for at least 90 days regardless of whether they become available to the crawler during that time.
The linking to the site has not changed since it was successfully indexed, so it cannot be that. Maby it is just a case of waiting now.
Has anyone every succesfully re-indexed a site after it was removed through the automatic removal tool?
Which are the tricks to get back into the google index?
- Changing the content a little bit?
- Changing the index.php into index.html or vice versa?
- Changing the webhoster to get a completely new IP?
Which experiences do you have? How long did it take to get back?
fix what you did wrong and ask Google nicely.
I do not know how, but one of my sites has been dropped. Nothing strange, just a standard Yahoo Store with basic over the counter products. I did employ a company called Internet Advancement, however, to help with my listing.
Any idea of the best way to contact google and get a response on my sites disappearing act?
well, that did it. I'm sure you've done a search on Google for them. Fix whatever they did and contact Google. Maybe there's hope.
I have been trying to build on my PRs since May 2004 and I was proceeding quite well. I was a little confused and dissappointed to see that most (if not all) of my pages had become "supplemental results". This happened Nov-Dec 2004.
Since that time I have been cleaning up my pages so that they now check-out to W3C coding standards. In addition I have been following thread on Webmaster World regarding 302 re-directs and also the Allegra update (that is if they are related?)
So far I have been re-indexed on the 18th Feb but the majority of my pages are still showing as "supplemental".
I will try and keep this thread posted with my findings I am still in the process of cleaning up my act!
Things seem to be picking up with visitors from msn.search since the tv ads started - I think the Google might have to clean up their act on a number of fronts judging by some of the posts that I have been reading. I an understand that they may be trying to cut down on abuse but more than a few feathers have been ruffled.
We shall see!
I had a feeling the domain used to belong to a spammy group with spammy content. I had since made a small nice site about the subject matter.
So I emailed G about it and got the standard reply message back. Sure enough about 2 weeks later the googlebot came around for a visit, and now I am in the index!
So it can't hurt to ask.