Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
What choices do I have now? Are there legal means of getting Verisign to release the names without having to play their mind games?
I have sought legal help but they are all keeping silent for now. Meanwhile I may have to renew with them but the thought of giving in to them kills me. Can anyone help me?
They denied transfer to a batch of 30 or so of mine about 4 months ago. I know the rules there, there were no infractions or reasons to deny. I must agree with you that it appears to be a stall tactic.
However, I've recently transfered out 6 or 7, and had zero problem --but I did do them one at a time after my bad experience with the bulk transfer. I waited to get the confirmation from Netsol before I filed the next request. I'll be working on this more after the holidays ...only a hundred or so left to go.
What choices do I have now?
If you have not completely documented all interactions (ledger and all) then go through the process again.
Once, some years back, I had a bad, bad problem until I got what I'll call 'reciprocally creative'. Having a tiny, tiny ear piece (that doubled as a microphone which came with a Micro Cassette Recorder), I adopted the same declaration you've heard a thousand times, that: "This call may be recorded for evaluation purposes" kinda thing.
Well, I turned that concept around. After the message played that line, I merely repeated something similar. I also left the 'live' human know via the same declaration that I was taping this call for the same reasons as they are. To evaluate.
The majority of the time we continued our conversation. I'd also like to think those calls went, well, smoother somehow.
Another twist is to tape yourself as you are talking to them on the phone. Begin by time-stamping the tape. Hold it up to the phone while you punch up the numbers then lay it down far enough away that the device will not pick up the other parties voice.
When the tech/other answers and identifies, repeat what they said and introduce yourself, state your problem/concern. Be succinct.
If the conversation seems productive up to this point, fine. If not, you can easily document more with something like....uh, "Let me see if I understand you correctly..." and repeat what they said, even their answer. Synopsize what they say if for no other reason than clarity.
What you end up with is something transcribable, should the need for it arise at a later date. Saves you from trying frantically to take (and maintain) legible notes during those most frustrating of times too.
WebmasterWorld is the place to find the 'right' answer. The one I've eluded to works for me and is perfectly legal. However, I'm not encouraging you, or anyone else to replicate.
Other than that, pray.
Exactly, yet NetSol told me over the phone on more than one occasion that they've denied a transfer because it was within 30 days of expiration. So the 5-day process needs to be completed by that 30 day mark, for them.
Lately, we use Dotster as they have an easy transfer tool where you pretty much type in the domain name and they verify the rest and I'd presume fill in the appropriate forms for NetSol and submit. Much easier than the normal bull I went through trying to handle things from NetSol end.
Any registrar that uses the registerapi service may be as easy if they implement the transfer mechanism the same way as dotster
Well, I just went to 000domains and spent $13.50 for a year's registry, and followed their precise instructions to permit them to transfer the registry from Netsol to them. Worked like a champ! Only took a few days. Netsol made one last valiant attempt to keep me with an e-mail saying they want to keep me and offering a two-year registration for $15/yr. Haha, no way Jose! I feel so relieved at having "got out of jail" so easily.