Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199
While they are open to offers to "purchase" the domain name, they remain the Admin Contact, which is obviously not a satisfactory solution.
What's the best way to get the domain name off them? Wait for it to expire? Submit an offer "subject to transfer of ownership"?
I'm about to fire off an email from an anonymous Hotmail account asking whether they'd transfer the ownership of a valueless "name based domain", but like to hear what some of you guys think before I do so.
They got it before you did...it happens all the time. That paticular Company buys many domains and then sells/rents them to their clients as far as I can see so I would suggest that you just wait for it to expire if you can stand it. The good news is that Namezero lets domains expire EVERY single day (I am constantly clicking thru them)so you may get the .net and .org if you want them while you wait for the .com