Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
- first your os asks the ip name server for the full name.
- the isp name server, looks up .com
- goes to the .com root server it has been assigned.
- asks the .com root server for "barngrill.com"
- next it goes to the name server listed for "barngrill.com" and requests "foo.barngrill.com"
- if the name server at the host is dead, it goes to the name server listed second the "whois"...
DNS server failures happen just like web server failures happen. It's nice to have that backup.