Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
Forum Moderators: buckworks
- We have beginner to intermediate level programming and graphic design skills.
- We run moderately busy sites (less than 1000 visitors per day) that generate moderate sales per day (less than $1000)
- Our price points are low ($20-$50), margins are decent, and we tend to operate in the "impulse buy" world of online shoppers.
- We are spending WAY too much time now with order processing, inventory control, shipping, site maintenance, and other activites not related to the growth and promotion of our stores.
- We like flexibility, but do not want to spend the majority of our time programming. For example, we want to be able to shift the look/feel of the site, add specials/coupons, highlight products, etc...
Now, what we've been looking at:
- X Cart
Any help is definitely appreciated as we do not want to make a change only to have to switch again 1 month later. What have you found to be major pros and cons of these? Do you have good or bad experiences with them? please do not flame one of them due to a single incident. We'd rather hear facts supported by opinions than the other way around.
Thank you all in advance
I sell services, not tangible products. Ideally, I would like for customers to be able to log in to their account in order to have access to a "resource" web page for the particular service they have purchased. Not all the content of the page will exist yet at the time that the purchase is made - part of the service includes my posting of the various "resources" as determined by the needs of the customer over a certain period of time.
[edited by: lorax at 9:13 pm (utc) on May 4, 2006]
[edit reason] No URLs please [/edit]