Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
Forum Moderators: buckworks
1) Do you ship using the shipping method the customer paid for?
2) Do you calculate the difference and refund it?
3) Or do you ship Ground and keep the difference as profit?
from a customer perspective, if i asked for upgraded shipping, and paid for upgraded shipping, i expect upgraded shipping. customers may ask and pay for odd things but are most satisfied when their expectations are met/exceeded.
you can handle this situation by:
1) messaging on your shipping pages your shipping policy/practice in these cases (i.e. you choose to ship ground to certain zones regardless of what shipping method was payed for/selected)
2) satisfy the customer need/want in the manner you feel makes the most business sense
I don't understand it.
I hold the order as long as I can without delaying it (i.e. until the absolute latest pickup) and try my best to get in touch with the customer.
50% of them are thrilled to have a credit and take the free shipping. The other 50% just say thank you for asking, but no -- I would prefer FedEx.
I don't argue with them -- if they want to pay more, fine. But I like to think confirming it with the customer is the best thing to do, rather than just shipping it FedEx or refunding and shipping Priority.
Some people just prefer FedEx. One lady chooses FedEx because the FedEx guy can get in the door and leave it on her desk at work. If I ship USPS to work, it goes through the mail room and everyone knows she's getting personal mail at work.
Ya never know their motives, I think it pays in customer-service to politely offer them the choice.