Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
Forum Moderators: buckworks
I need some help finding a shopping cart with specific features. Spent some time looking, but there is so much junk out there I felt like getting lost in the jungle. Writing it was a short thought possibility, but my customers are asking for it now and I just don't have the time to put into it. Below are the major things I need...
1. have the ability to change prices dependant upon the customer, as % of base price or exact amount for each customer (required)
2. customer database with shipping/credit card or payment data pre-entered for quick check out, but ability to edit by customer
3. perl language (runs parsed, not mod_perl), with permission to hack it! (for effeciency and look)
4. sales history, by product and customer
5. custom fields, such as customers shipping account # for local carrier, purchase order, etc.
6. add-on options, such as color or accessories (some items have many options)
7. copy of order auto. faxed to my office (helps to keep site more self managed)
8. related and featured/new product display options
9. no requirements for credit card verification or merchant account connection, this is accomplished through existing means (cc charged after product ships, sometimes months after order is placed)
10. must have the ability to be managed from a beach in the Bahamas while sipping cocktails (optional)
thanks... I know thats a lot to ask but I have to have it. I'm not a penny pincher, but not on a huge buget either. Any help in the right direction would be very helpful.
opiesilver, had forgotten that I actually have version Interchange-4.6.1 with ShopAdmin-0.56. I was looking for something a little easier to manage. The office staff will be handling it and the learning curve is a bit long on that one. It will do most things I need so I may go with it. Looks like I may create a job for myself in supporting Q's from the staff though... When I first used it in 2001, I had though this was the best open-source option available. Will look into the new version, thanks