Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
Forum Moderators: buckworks
What more can I do? Here are some things I haven't done:
1. Become a major directory of information for our industry (we just sell to the industry).
2. Develope an affiliate program (thinking about paying smaller sites for sales as a result of banner ads).
3. Fully utilize our large database of customer email addresses (such as sending E coupons or giving monthly prizes or creating general html ads)
4. Given our site some really cool Flash or Video
We have arrived at a good place and I want us to keep growing. I would love to hear from someone who has been where I am now and tried some of my suggestions above.
1. Become a directory of information: Probably one of the most important and effective forms of promotion. If you provide your target market with all the information they need and are looking for relating to your field than they will never have a need to go anywhere else once they find your site. They will come back and back and probably make a purchase eventually.
2. Develop an affiliate program: This could generate some income but I wouldn't expect a fortune off of it. I am sure there are hundreds of personal sites and local clubs relating to your products that you could potentially sign up as affiliates but it probably wouldn't be a product the general public would use.
3. Use your large database of customer email addresses: Yes! Your past customers are more likely to be future customers. If you send them a monthly newsletter with a coupon for $5 off their next purchase or something they will probably buy from you again. You would also keep your name fresh in their mind through the frequent contact.
4. Flash or Video: Some videos on the site would be an added feature that you could include to keep people coming back. I would stay away from flash though.
It looks like you are on the right track with these ideas. You could also try some different things like sponsoring some contests, giving the heads of some local clubs a big discount on a purchase hoping they will pass the word on to their members, and many things like that.