Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
Forum Moderators: lawman
Any objections to switching to (url no longer valid) this new software? That is an initial test build of a new system. The graphics and stuff will change before I'd switch to it.
Some things are a little different, but there are many pluses:
1) Speed. It is 3 to 4 times faster than Ultraboard. Try it. Just click on a few messages and watch how fast they come up.
2) Easy of adaption. If I'd go to ubb, that would require mega work to save the old posts. With the new system, I can export the posts from here at will.
3) Hackable. Clean easy software that can be changed on a dime.
4) Did I mention speed?
5) More email options.
6) layout. I like the UBB style of showing posts better than this ultraboard.
1) less options for security and moderators.
2) far fewer options for the administrator to play with.
The example board is functional, but don't count on posts being kept if you sign up and test something...
If you see any stoppers, feel free to let me know.
I hope to be able to move the registrations over without hassle. I can do it now, but the passwords are not handled the same so I have to figure out something there. If I switch, I might do a full email with new passwords for everyone.
I got it last friday and it is already heavily modified. (powerboard from [thewebmasterforums.com...]
Can we get a 2nd "jump to" drop-down at the bottom of the thread?
Agreed, the speed is excellent. That is worth switching alone. I have never cared for UB speed - way to slow.