Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
Forum Moderators: open
This would give the several Yahoo (AV, ATW) outlets a combined marketshare nearly equal to Google.
27.8% of spanish are internet users
40,865 people surveyed
11% of those who saw the survey responded
0.3% no answer
As to knowledge of internet and computers........
40.7% have medium internet knowledge
34.1% advanced knowledge
13% expert knowledge
Those surveyed responded to.......
23.6 IRC hispano
19.9 AIMC e-mail
1.5 recommended by a friend
214 sites showed a banner
14.2% use mobile phone to access internet!
What are seen as the main problems on the intenet...
54.2% virus infection
Some 48.3% feel they have a somewhat slow connection (albeit many have ADSL!).
As for myself I use a dial up and don't see much difference in my clients ADSL connection........
Telefonica were running a 'very serious' spamming campaign before ADSL was freely available. Any time I rang telefonica or directory enquiries I was put on hold to listen to the spam ads for ADSL. I guess they were aiming to get contracts signed before the other providers (Wanadoo, etc)
Few users opt to filter pop ups, banners or spam.......
32.4% would like to see spam prohibited
24.6% would like to see a list of mailers in order to allow filtering
30.4% would like to see a list of those who do not want spam
94.9% use ms explorer
some figures are SERIOUSLY unreprasentative of the spanish market. Why? Simply from the way that they get there interviewees. Clinking on a banner. And were are those banners servered. Places like Terra.es ect ...
I have not finished reading this thing yet but will post a through resume shortly.
Its the least I can do, its spain, my domestic market, and i get loads of info from other from there markets ....
1. For me the single most important section that came out of this years servey has been from pages 73 to 87. The e-commerce section.
2. 62.7% have in the last year made a decision to buy having gathered information in the www.
3. 58.2% claim to have realised a purchase online in the last year.
4. Heini, the SE share is based on mentions. There was an average of 2.1 mentions per person interviewed. That is not really a very usefull figure. It is just a measure of brand recognition, rather than SE usage. This figure does not reflect either unique visitors, repeat visitors, or number of searches done.
As such this figure is not relevant in measuring SE use in Spain.
5. Since we are on the most used SE┤s section number three is for Terra.es, well thats rubbish and clear distortion based on terra serving 599 banner ads ending in successful interviews, whilst Yahoo served 462.
6. Astalavista came in 11th!