Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
Forum Moderators: martinibuster
I would like to start a reciprocal link campaign. From what I have undestood from discussions in this forum, I should (1) break my single link page into several ones via directory structure, (2) do linking "by hand", not using automation software.
My plan is as follows :
(1) search for my main keyword(s) in google
(2) start requesting link exchange in descending order (although google results are not strictly ranked by PR, there is a pretty good correlation, so this would make sense to me). In doing this , I naturally need to avoid my competitors.
I have couple of questions:
(1) Does the above seem like a reasonable strategy? Please add anything to it if you feel like it
(2) Does anybody have a (link to) nice "form letter" for requesting links? I can write one, but there might be some things that need to be mentioned (or not), that I am not aware of
(3) What should be the lowest PR ranking of a site that I consider as a link partner? Should I go as low as my PR5, or even lower?
(4) What kind of response do you usually experience (how many webmasters actually respond to the request)?
Thank you very much for your help
1) Reasonable strategy? In general, the plan you outline will absolutely help. You might read thru the Linking forum for more thoughts.
2) form letter? You can find a few examples on the board by searching here. Something like this works for me:
Hi, my name is (name) and I am writing to commend you on the excellent website, "Name of Site(www.example.com)" (Add sentence that makes a specific comment about site so they know I actually visited it). I'd like to invite you to add a link to your links page of another website that (is somehow of interest to them or their visitors), www.mysite.com .
"My New Site" is (wonderful because of a couple thing I list here). (Maybe 1 more sentence about the site).
I hope you'll take a few minutes to visit "My Site". I have included html code below for you to easily copy and paste the link into your site.
3) lowest PR? If you're doing this primarily for PR improvement, 4 or better. As you're already a 5, 5 or better. I'd suggest that PR's not the only reason to solicit links. Traffic & branding come to mind.
4) response? Depends :) on your content, the more quanity/quality the better. & on the level of commercialization, the more the lower the response, all things being equal. Somewhere between 1% & 30% but 5-10% is probably the most common.