Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
RateItAll, Inc. (www.rateitall.com), a leading aggregator and publisher of consumer reviews, announced today that it has re-branded its Internet Yellow Page / Local Search service as RateLocal.com (www.ratelocal.com).
“With the introduction of the RateLocal brand, we continue to move aggressively towards a leadership position in the area of user reviews of local businesses,” says RateItAll COO Lawrence Coburn. “Our goal is to become the online destination of choice for consumers wishing to give feedback on local businesses.”
Couple of quick (insider) comments.
- The search engine is awful. Doesn't handle misspellings, doesn't know to correlate burritos with taquerias, etc. It's really hard to find what you're looking for.
- Some restaurant listings don't have contact info (as mentioned above)
- Some data is miscategorized
- Data is strictly urban - so if you are searching for Chicago merchants, you are not going to get suburban listings
- with 100,000 registered users, RateItAll would seem to have the opportunity to get a jump start on incenting reviews with the right promotion to its user base
- decent SERPS placement
The who knows:
- this is a user review pure play - only one of its kind, and makes know bones about a default sort by user rating