Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
Forum Moderators: bill
Enable Scheduled Tasks Icon in System Tray
By default, Windows Me does not show an icon for Scheduled Tasks in the System Tray. To enable this:
1. Start the Registry Editor
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Plus! \ System Agent
3. Right-click an open area in the right pane and select New > DWORD Value
4. Name it EnableTrayIcon
5. Double-click this entry and give it a value 1
6. Exit RegEdit and restart Windows
Of course, the standard registry editing disclaimer holds here...make a backup copy, nothing is guaranteed, if you blow things up, don't call me, yada, yada, yada...
My first thought would be to just create a shortcut to the Scheduled Tasks folder.
How this would let me know the mstask.exe service is running? It wouldn't be in the system tray either.