Today is the 15th anniversary (14-May-2001) of my first 'new business model' site going live.
The past decade and a half have been quite a ride. While what is fun has changed regularly there is still a whole lot of it.
I remain 'iamlost'; at odds with many/most webdev prevailing attitudes and behaviours, whose (public) pronouncements are typically 3-to-5 years behind the cutting edge and 5-10 years behind the bleeding edge of competitive advantage. Which I quite appreciate. :)
Note: how far I might be behind others is a constant itch of how much I don't yet know to learn!
So while so many reiterate Google angst and redefining SEO I am playing with:
* API ad delivery
* contextual content delivery
* natural language programmed site search
* multimedia integrations
* (not your typical) affiliate pre-sell
* (not your typical) direct ad space sales
* visitor fingerprinting
* x-device usage identification
while focussed on:
* broadening/deepening referring sites and platforms
* creating immersive content options
* generating quality aka converting traffic
* generating return traffic
* media strategy
* (not your typical) analytics
* offering better direct ad options
Note: my sites are complete except for maintenance and updating as necessary.
My only complaints are that time doesn't stop and my curiosity knows few bounds, which conflict greatly and often.
My thanks to the many over the years who, knowingly or not, helped me immensely; I will continue to pay forward with others as you did with me.
As the next 15 beckons...