1. Send an e-mail to the recipient, from the recipient.
2. The bank's name absolutely must be misspelt.
3. The court case the recipient is to attend should not be anywhere they have ever been, and nowhere near their present location.
4. Recipients will really want to hear about the winnings in the lottery they've never entered, especially if it's run by major companies not in the lottery business.
5. Do send messages in a foreign language from the recipient's native language.
6. Attach malware to messages so that it keeps the anti-virus companies on their toes.
7. Send private individuals orders for business goods.
8. Make payment refunds for really big figures, certainly in millions. Many people won't get out bed for less than a million.
9. Use capitals for either the sender name or the subject, preferably both.
10. In the e-mail body, people you don't know must be addresses as "My Dearest"
11. Send e-mails from Ban Ki-moon as recipients are sure they've been in correspondence with them and are awaiting their response.