joined:Jan 8, 2004
When you first get to work in the morning, gotten your cup of coffee, gone through your voicemail and email and other routines of getting set to launch another day at the office; which websites (besides your own) do you open up, log onto and interact with?
We acknowledge that this list will in large part be determined by the type of work you do and the industry you’re in. Another way to put it is; other than your own, what are the sites that are part of your normal daily routine and why?
I do my work primarily in the online, so here’s my bakers dozen + 1:
1. Gmail – Email of course
2. Google + - Work Social, Business Ideas, Contribute
3. Twitter - Work Social, Business Ideas, Contribute
4. Facebook - Work Social, Business Ideas, Contribute
5. Linkedin - Work Social, Business Ideas, Contribute
6. Digg – Get the latest details
7. Reddit – Get the latest details
8. Pinterest - Work Social, Business Ideas, Contribute
9. Sharethis.com – Get stats on site sharing
10. marketingland.com – Get relevant information on SEO and contribute
11. webmasterworld.com – Get relevant information on SEO and contribute
12. Matt Cutts Blog – He’s an friend who is in the know and when Matt talks people listen
13. Google Webmaster Central – Google's reporting on all things webmaster
14. Google Analytics – Our site analytics of course
Though this list isn’t all of the sites I go to on a normal day, it’s my list of my must haves. What’s yours?
My self imposed general rule is to spend no more than two hours a day on the sites 1 thru 8. The other’s are as time requires.