Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 3.93.74.227

Forum Moderators: not2easy

Message Too Old, No Replies

Facebook Launches Product Ads

     
7:24 pm on Feb 17, 2015 (gmt 0)

Administrator from GB 

WebmasterWorld Administrator engine is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month Best Post Of The Month

joined:May 9, 2000
posts:26464
votes: 1076


Facebook is really upping its game on advertising, and this particular offering is going head-to-head with Google AdWords and Shopping.

There is one significant difference, in that Google AdWords appear where people are actually searching, whereas the ads on Facebook are where people are interacting with friends and colleagues.


Today we’re introducing product ads, a solution designed to help businesses promote multiple products or their entire product catalog, across all the devices their customers use. With product ads, businesses can showcase more products and people on Facebook can discover more relevant products. Facebook Launches Product Ads [facebook.com]
when an advertiser uses automatic delivery of product ads, our system will turn off ads for specific products when they’re out of stock.
Product ads are available today in the API through Facebook Marketing Partners and will roll out in Power Editor over the next few weeks.
7:58 pm on Feb 17, 2015 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member bwnbwn is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month

joined:Oct 25, 2005
posts:3600
votes: 53


If it works well companies will be pulling money out of google to split the expense and analyze the better preforming advertiser.
11:11 pm on Feb 17, 2015 (gmt 0)

Senior Member from GB 

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month

joined:Apr 29, 2005
posts:2112
votes: 123


I've noticed an increase facebook ads recently and this will up the game significantly. G and me for that matter, watch out. facebook have a huge amount of data on each and every one of their uses, far more than G. And that enables better targetting. The more specific an ad can be the more likely it wil succeed. I guess thst from 5 years of my comments on facebook they know me better than i do, probably mentally and physically.
3:08 am on Feb 18, 2015 (gmt 0)

Preferred Member

5+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month

joined:Dec 11, 2013
posts:389
votes: 117


Smart users will drop Facebook and will go to places where they can talk without anyone listening to them. Like ad-free forums or blogs.
5:47 pm on Feb 18, 2015 (gmt 0)

Senior Member from GB 

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month

joined:Apr 29, 2005
posts:2112
votes: 123


Smart users will drop Facebook and will go to places where they can talk without anyone listening to them


98% probably don't even know that they are being tracked and monitored. Most of the other 2% won't find their friends other than on Facebook.