Hello you guys. I am new around, I just found the forum a couple of days ago and today decided to join and ask for your help. So if you have some time to answer will be greatly appreciated.
My idea is to open an online shop with icons, icon sets, vectorial images (icons, texts, etc), different UI elements:
buttons, banners etc, maybe backgrounds, maybe whole site templates, but for the start I want to keep them simple. Almost everything you can do in Photoshop and Illustrator (or Corel Draw).
1. My experience and background:
- Design and graphics:
I have a few years (5~6) of graphic design, so in the beginning I will make the content for the website. In the future maybe I will pay somebody to help me with the content. I am working as a freelancer web developer at the moment.
- Website developing and platform:
I am also a programmer, I made my own custom online stores, but I was thinking to use a web shop platform for this project, for the moment I was thinking of Open Cart. I want to use and existing platform to be able to start the project as fast as possible.
- Running the business:
At the moment I am already running a web shop for sport equipments (designed and build by me), but it's for the local market. And for the new shop I want to make it international.
- Marketing and link building:
This is the area I lack the most. I have theoretical knowledge but I don't have enough practice. So I am not sure yet how will I be promoting the web store.
2. Questions for the moment:
- Do you think there is enough market share for another site like this?
- Would people buy if the price is in $1 ~ $10 range?
- What platform do you recommend for this digital items web shop?
- What payment methods are the best? I was looking at paypal and google pay, but since I don't have enough experience with them I am waiting for some advice.
- Some general tips to market and promote a site like this?
- What else should I pay attention to?
3. If you have other ideas or any question please post them. Thank you for your help.