I'm looking for shopping cart for my web site that can handle digital downloads. I've looked at lots of options, but few are a good fit, and those that have the right features look scammy. It's been like pulling teeth because Google search results for finding shopping cart software are so bloated with spam links as to be useless, so that's why I'm turning to WebmasterWorld.
Here are my main requirements:
- Written in PHP (so I can tailor it visually to match the rest of my site)
- Takes payments via PayPal and/or Google Checkout
- I'd like it to be hosted on my server because I'm sick of SAAS/cloud companies going out of business and leaving me high and dry.
- Can handle large file transfers. The majority of the digital downloads I sell are between 20 and 115 MB.
- Allows a purchaser to download the file multiple times within a short time (24 hours or so), then makes the file inaccessible.
- Requires someone to click through an agreement page to access the download.
- Allows a standard PDF to be bundled in with the purchased download, either inside a ZIP file or just displayed next to the regular download to also be downloaded.
- Would be nice if people could make purchases without "signing up" for an account. As a user, I find that obnoxious, and as an owner, the less data I have, the less that can be lost, stolen, or misused.
I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for it; something in the area of $100 as a one-time fee, or $20/month as an ongoing expense.