joined:Nov 22, 2010
I would really appreciate some help with ideas to replace my existing paypal cart.
I have been using the paypal cart for a number of years but have recently wanted a more sophisticated cart. I want to try and do the following with a new cart:
1) Once the customer has added a product to the cart, in the cart itself I want to have a small pic of the product with a link back to the product both on the pic and text.
2) I want to incorporate a trust symbol such as verisign within the cart.
3) I would like to simply replace my existing add to cart codes with the new shopping cart and replace the view cart code with the new view cart code.
4) Once the customer checks out I would like a single page check out option.
5) I would like the customer to be able to view a summary of their cart on every page with the product name, quantity and cost at the top corner of my site.
I've looked at tones of carts and they all seem to be geared towards building a shopping site rather then being a stand alone cart. Many of those that can be used as a stand alone cart either require the existing site to change their pages to php or asp. Some carts can have forms you can use to replace the paypal button with their cart, which is great, but not for the shopping basket (i.e. when someone wants to view their basket from a product page).
I want to keep my site and product pages the way they are in html but replace the cart with a much sophisticated cart, any ideas?
thanks guys in advance