I have an ecommerce store with about 150 items. All CC payments are handled on the First Data gateway. My website uses static HTML pages. Using Mal's E-commerce cart, I've pasted the HTML for the "Add to Cart" buttons into my pages.
I've had problems with Mal's cart from the beginning, and I'm frustrated enough with its limitations to switch to a new cart. I would like to switch to another 3rd-party, hosted cart that is PCI compliant. I want a cart that will let me paste their "Add to Cart" code into my existing pages.
Here are the problems that I'm trying to solve:
1. Oftentimes when customers use their BACK button in the shopping cart, it loses their order and they have to start over.
2. My customers don't get a dropdown list to choose their credit card. This is a bug because they should get one, but I've been unable to get Mal's admin to fix it.
3. I charge a Flat-Rate for shipping (USPS), and want an option wherein the customer can pay an extra $2.00 for Insurance, but the cart can't do this.
4. I ship only to the USA. I don't ship to overseas military bases or U.S. protectorates that require Customs forms. Mal's shipping locations for the USA include those places and it won't let me exclude them.
5. Selecting to ship only to the USA won't let me ship to the U.S. Virgin Islands, even though it has a U.S. zip code. I've discussed this with Mal, and he insisted that the U.S. Virgin Islands is a foreign country.
Can anyone suggest an alternative?